How to Spot Hail Damage to your Roof
HOW DO HAIL HITS LOOK LIKE ON MY ROOF?
Different kinds of shingles can respond differently to hailstone hits. For example, wood and slate hail hits can look unique compared to composition or asphalt shingles. It is a good idea to learn the difference so that you can identify hail hits to your roof shingles.
COMPOSITION AND ASPHALT SHINGLES HAIL DAMAGE
- Hits are almost always the darker spot on the roof
- Mats or shingles that have a shiny appeal to them
- Hail has no pattern when causing damage
- Exposed felt papers, due to loss of granules
- Based on age, hail hits can bruise to roof similar to a peach
WOOD SHINGLES HAIL DAMAGE
- Hail doesn’t have a pattern when doing damage
- Dents, and punctures to the wood shingles
- Spliced shingles with sharp edges
- Wooden shingles often split with an orange opening
Finally, if you enjoyed reading this Charlotte Ace Roofing Blog, please like and follow us on Facebook also, we have Instagram and, finally, we are now on Pinterest. If you would like us to post a blog about thing that interests you, please let us know. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
SO, IF NOT SURE HOW TO SPOT HAIL DAMAGE ON YOUR ROOF, CALL US FOR HELP 704-396-8383